Hitchcock’s To Catch a Thief on Blu-ray in March 2012
Paramount Home Entertainment has announced the March 6, 2012 Blu-ray debut of Hitchcock’s classic thriller To Catch a Thief at an SRP of $15.99 US/$17.99 Canada. The new Blu-ray features more than 90-minutes of features including a discussion with Hitchcock’s descendents, a look at how censorship shaped the film, and expert commentaries.
The To Catch a Thief Blu-ray is presented in 1080p high definition with English 2.0 Stereo Dolby TrueHD, English Mono Dolby TrueHD, French Mono Dolby Digital, Spanish Mono Dolby Digital, Portuguese Mono Dolby Digital and English, English SDH, French Spanish and Portuguese subtitles.
To Catch a Thief garnered three Academy Award® nominations and won the Oscar® for Best Cinematography, Color. Starring Cary Grant as John Robie, a reformed cat burglar, and Grace Kelly as an heiress with whom he becomes romantically entangled, the film takes place on the opulent French Riviera as Robie tries to uncover the identity of a jewel thief and prove his own innocence.
To Catch a Thief Blu-ray Bonus features:
- Commentary by Dr. Drew Casper, Hitchcock Film Historian
- A Night with the Hitchcocks
- Unacceptable Under the Code: Film Censorship in America
- Writing and Casting To Catch A Thief
- The Making of To Catch A Thief
- Behind the Gates: Cary Grant and Grace Kelly
- Alfred Hitchcock and To Catch A Thief: An Appreciation
- Edith Head: The Paramount Years
- If You Love To Catch A Thief, You’ll Love this Interactive Travelogue
- Theatrical Trailer
- Visitors to the Set